Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Day 67

Well today the roller coaster continued... I started out this morning with Elliott running around the guest house playing and he is starting to talk more, he is saying airplane all the time, knows that daddy is in the computer and he said poopy the other day (here is hoping toilet training will be easy).
So we left at about 10am to go to the embassy to pick up the Visa, I was not able meet with the consular but his secretary told me that our visa was not ready and they have to do an investigation. I lost it. Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving the embassy is closed, so that means I will have to stay here another week. I left the embassy and called Aaron, I cried and was so upset I almost throw up.
After talking with Aaron, I decided that I would go back to the embassy to try to talk with the consular to see what he needed and when I would be able to leave. I was told that I needed to get the final order that are to be signed by the judge, and that is prove enough of his origin and abandonment so that is the investigation that needs to take place. I know that the consular is working with us because I broke down crying on him. So I left the embassy and tried to call the lawyer to find out the status of the paperwork I need.
The lawyers phone was off, I knew the road that his office is located on, but I do not know what the name of the office is so I cannot go to his office. I called Aaron and asked if he knew the name and location of the lawyers office, but he knew the same thing I knew. I then called the baby home and they were able to get me in contact with lawyer. We went to pick up the lawyer (he will do almost anything for me now because I am crying) and take him with us to the embassy to see if he would take the lawyer's word that he will deliver the paperwork once it is signed.
We showed up at the embassy 5 minutes before they closed for the day. We meet with the consular and explained the situation to him. He told me there is no way he could issue the visa without that paper.
The good news is that the embassy is open on Friday. We had a friend in county call the judge's boss and she will be in at 10 am tomorrow to sign the paperwork. So we will get the paperwork tomorrow and then on Friday I will be at the embassy at 730 in the morning and get the visa right away. I will be able to fly out that night and home on Saturday.
So now that we got that all out of the way, we are back at the guest house, and Elliott is being a real joy, I think he knows mommy needs cheered up. He is playing with a balloon trying to hit me on the head with it. Then we found out while he was running around naked that he likes his extremely ticklish, but he really enjoys it. He loves bath time, yesterday he actually cried when I drained the sink after his bath. We is such a joy and we am so bless to have him in our life.
Please continue to pray that we get everything squared away for me to be home on Saturday, I know the prayers are helping so much. I feel as though this is the final push of the labor pains (Aaron said the head is out but he shoulders are stuck). I know God is carrying me through this and I will come out a stronger person. Thank you so much for all your support.

No comments: