Friday, November 28, 2008

Day 69

Okay so I was gonna be coming home today. There was two things I need to do today to be able to jump on a plane this evening. I had to get the paperwork from the judge, after she signed it, after that I need to get over to the embassy to get the paperwork to the consular to get him to issue the visa.
So I was up really earl and left and was at the courthouse at 8:30 am. On our way to the courthouse, I called and talked with the consular, and explained that I was getting the paperwork today and then I would be over there to be able to give him time to get the visa issued, he told me that they embassy closed at noon today so I need to be there by 11 am.
So I was at the courthouse and called our lawyer and told him I was there and he told me was gonna be the first one in line to get the paperwork as early as possible to allow me to the visa today. So I wait in the parking lot for the paperwork.
So it is now 11 and I have not seen or heard anything yet, I called Aaron. He told me I need go in and find out when it will be ready so I can let the consular know what the time frame will be. After I got off the phone with Aaron, I called the lawyer and he told me that they were no more the 20 minutes from being done. I then called the consular and told him what was going on and he told me was working on our visa at that moment looking at the pictures. So it looks like it might all end up working out.
Okay so it is not all working out today. It is 1 pm, the embassy is closed and I just now got my paperwork. So I will not be able to leave today. This means that I need to wait till Monday at the earliest to be able to Elliott's visa. So on Monday morning I will be going to the embassy first thing and working to get the visa so that I can leave at by 8 pm on Monday afternoon. This will mean that I will be home Tuesday afternoon. I am so excited to be home. Please keep praying, I need God's strength to continue through this.
So we got back to the house and there is another family here that is adopting a little girl. She is older then Elliott, but she wanted to play with Elliott. It was so funny to watch Elliott run and try and hide from her. So he is not to big on playing with other kids yet, but he will get there. So has learned how to kiss, he is actually kiss daddy's picture on the computer. We did a web cam chat with Aaron so he could see Elliott love on him. I am so excited to be home next week, I see the light at the end of the tunnel, the great thing is that I only need to deal with one more person and that person is an American, and he knows I am trying to get home. Please keep praying and I will see all you really soon.

No comments: